SMCSBA Equity Network – Session #3
February 7 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The San Mateo County School Boards Association is excited to offer a new training series to help form a network of school board members committed to improved outcomes for current and historically underserved students. This new, focused network will work collaboratively with each other and their governance teams to help build capacity for thoughtful, equity-driven decisions. School board members play a key role in setting local education policy, and as such, have an important part in creating conditions in schools to support student success. Vital to those conditions is the ability of district leaders to promote and make decisions through an equity lens.
The sessions will be facilitated by Nicole Anderson of Nicole Anderson Consulting. Nicole has served in varying roles in education for more than 20 years nationwide. She is a highly qualified developer and facilitator of professional learning services as well as a dedicated advocate for educational equity work. She is also the facilitator for the statewide CSBA Equity Network. We are pleased to be able to bring her years of experience and talent to San Mateo County.
Program Dates and Times:
- Monday, September 16, 2019: (Half Day) 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Monday, November 4, 2019: (Half Day) 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Friday, February 7, 2020: (Full Day) 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, February 8, 2020: (Half Day) 8:00 am to Noon
- Monday, April 20, 2020 (Date TBD): (Half Day) 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- San Mateo Union High School District Office
650 North Delaware Street, San Mateo, CA 94401
- Kalimah Salahuddin, SMCSBA President