- This event has passed.
[CANCELED] March 9, 2020 SMCSBA General Membership Dinner Meeting
March 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$40
Topic: Homework, Best Practices and Policy
Homework is a polarizing topic with strong opinions regarding the purpose, value, amount and length of time that students spend on homework. Closely tied to this polarizing topic are concerns as they relate to equity, family values, student stress, and preparing students for an unknown future. Join us for an informative evening and learn how several local school districts have revised their homework policies to better align with community values from their individual communities.
- Jason Brockmeyer, Director of Innovation, Community Outreach & Special Projects, South San Francisco Unified School District
- Dr. Maggie MacIssac, Superintendent, Burlingame School District
- Vahn Phayprasert, Superintendent, Millbrae Elementary School District
- Dr. Kirk Black, San Mateo Union High School District
- Jammie Behrendt, Menlo Park City School District